Monday, October 18, 2010

Time for some reflection...

During the last weeks I described topics of flexibility, pedagogies, technologies and how these can be combined. But what have I actually learned?
                One thing I learned is that flexibility in learning is so much more than just distance learning. As I wrote earlier, flexibility is for example related to time, content, entry requirements, instructional approach and delivery. Only this last kind of flexibility is in a way related to distance learning.
                I’ve also been thinking about how different pedagogies can be supported by technology and how a certain kind of technology can support students’ learning. Thinking of concrete examples made it easier to see the practical issues, that can actually occur in education, that come along with designing education to integrate all parts into one lesson or curriculum. Including technology in these designs makes it even more complex, because the possibilities of technology are almost endless.
                I really liked that trying to find ways to integrate different parts of teaching (i.e. the subject matter, pedagogical approach and the use of technologies) forced me to think creatively. There are so many combinations possible, you just have to think about it. There’s not one way to teach. Of course, this is not something new, but it’s nice to think about this and to think about ways in which these different parts can reinforce each other.

The next time I will write about the TPACK model (http://tpack.org/) and think about how this model could be integrating my separate previous thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment